Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
Do you want to contribute to the dynamic energy market, not by talking but by doing?
As a Senior Software Developer you develop a state of the art web based enterprise application. You work on the further development of a robust front and back end that processes many data and process flows. The user interface is completely web-based, allowing the application to grow along with the latest developments. We use the latest techniques that help us to always set up a 'best in class' interface for our users.
Working at Energy Essentials should be fun and we do not have strict job profiles. The activities are primarily organized around the talents of our employees and the roles we play in various projects. In this way we bring out the best in people and we continue to learn from each other, previous experiences and new insights.
You will help us build and design the new energy transaction platform of the future Vertex. With Vertex, market parties can facilitate the transition within the energy market and set up complex processes. For example, Vertex offers solutions to support and automate processes such as strategic purchasing, delivery, pricing, back testing, messaging, balance maintenance and invoicing. This improves decisions through insight and algorithms (dashboards & trading). Vertex can arrange data in such a way that it can be used for smart solutions (decision models) whether or not automated, such as controlling and optimizing sustainable means of production and/or consumption (including windmills, solar parks and batteries or algo trading) or setting up of dashboards for human decision making. Security, business rules, traceability and availability are essential here.
What's in it for me?
- You are jointly responsible for building one of the most advanced IT platforms in the energy sector.
- You work on challenging projects for clients.
- You are a full member of a talented and motivated team.
- You create smart solutions every day using the latest technology.
- You will receive sufficient training opportunities in addition to a full-time position (40 hours).
- You get a lot of space to work independently and to bring in your creativity in an open and informal culture.
- And you will also receive good primary and secondary employment conditions, including a collective pension, travel expenses and bonus scheme.
- A natural interest in software development where you want to keep following the latest developments in this area from your own curiosity.
- You are familiar with common software development processes such as: continuous integration, continuous deployment, provide the code with a healthy amount of unit testing and are familiar with refining, sizing and planning software work.
- A motivation to create a top product and to deliver value to the customer, which sometimes also requires a good effort.
- Critical of own performance, ability to learn.
- HBO/WO level.
- At least 5 years of work experience with C#.
- Experience with frontend development is a plus.
- Experience with our used techniques/methods/products is an advantage, such as: .NET6, CQRS, MSSQL, Timescaledb, Entity Framework, Angular, Microservices, Event driven architecture, streaming data, Jupyter notebooks, Kafka, SignalR, k8s, containers and different types of data pipelines.
As an IT service provider, Energy Essentials focuses entirely on the energy market, which is in full swing. The share of sustainable energy is increasing and the way in which consumers and companies deal with energy is changing. New technologies such as the smart meter, solar panels, heat pumps and electric vehicles make energy processes more complex and explode the amount of available data. This is a major challenge for energy companies. Energy Essentials supports energy companies in optimally organizing, automating and managing the energy supply process. Our team consists of a mix of experts in the field of energy, software, IT infrastructure and data science. We have developed our own software platform, Vertex, which supports energy companies in the execution of complex processes in the field of pricing, trading, planning and delivery. The Energy Essentials team analyzes energy supply processes and knows how to implement the right software solutions for every challenge.
- Vacancy ICT