Would you like to work in a high standard engineering and technology business that provides the technical support for production teams and ensures correct machine and installations set-ups and staff function optimally? In this role you are the expert in one or more (manufacturing) processes in the fields of: lasers, turning, milling, thermal spraying, metallurgical lab, soldering, welding or 3D measurement. In this job your main tasks are:
- Preparation and start-up of new processes for the repair of gas turbine components
- Using project management tools introduce and lead process improvements
- Carry out cost calculations and job evaluations
- The preparation and maintenance of procedures for the main processes and related pre- and post-treatment procedures
- Monitoring the quality and solving deviations in products and processes
- Instruct production staff and mentor trainees
- Train your new colleagues at our service centres or joint venture companies
Also you cooperate with various Production teams, Sales, Quality Control and Project Management.
What we have to offer?
This role is the opportunity for you, willing to take the next challenging step in your professional career. You will have all the opportunities to develop professionally in this competence area and to transfer your expertise in “state of the art” processes at the facilities in the Netherlands but also in related Sulzer shops abroad. Sulzer SC Venlo offers you:
- A challenging position in an energetic international work environment
- The opportunity to learn / increase your knowledge of gas turbines and the service industry business
- Exposure to and responsibility for a large variety of available quality technical processes
- Excellent opportunities for further career development and a competitive remuneration package
- In addition to the advantages of a big international group, our medium-sized organization also offers sufficient opportunities for personal initiative
This position is located at our main office in Venlo (The Netherlands), situated centrally within Europe and easily accessible. However, willingness to travel occasionally to associate service centres and joint venture companies is expected as part of this role.
Who are we looking for?
You are used to or have the ambition to work in a multidiscipline engineering and international environment. You always strive for improvement and you are commercial and client focused.
- You have a BSc engineering degree (preferably in Mechanical Engineering)
- Three or more years of experience in an industrial/engineering environment with complex (manufacturing) project processes with high value products
- Capable of working to tight schedules and have good communication skills
- You have a service orientated analytical approach to problem-solving and hands-on attitude
- Knowledge of gas or steam turbines, repair techniques used in the recovery of hot gas path components and the application of added value engineering solutions is desired but not required
- It is essential that you speak English fluently. Ideally you will be proficient in Dutch and English
For sure we would like to get in contact with you if you meet all the requirements, but also in case you have the solid ambition to become a high professional process engineer.
At Career Result we try to do recruitment in a different way. All our partners pick a very specific specialist field to work in and Mechanical Engineering is one of our chosen fields. This means we actually know what you are talking about when you describe what you do best and enjoy most about your chosen profession, meaning we can strive for a fully accurate match between your ambitions and the search profiles of our client, in this case Sulzer Turbo Services Venlo (The Netherlands).
Sulzer Turbo Services is the ultimate knowledge centre in the after service market related to the field of Gas Turbo Service. They work on a number of engines of OEM brands, including the one you specialised in. Certainly worth mentioning is that they have developed a number of improvements that make the turbine achieve performance well above the factory spec. The team in Venlo presently consists of 160 colleagues of different nationalities. A truly international environment where you get to work with the very best people in your field.
If you want to hear more about this opportunity and what it could mean for you, please don't hesitate to reach out to Jozephina Vogel - Van Es +31683233104 and/or Berto van Rens +31622367241.
- Vacancy Engineering
- Oil, Energy & Utilities