Jr. Commercial Analyst
TAQA is an international energy and water company listed in Abu Dhabi operating in 11 countries across four continents. In the Netherlands, we focus on the development of strategic energy infrastructure projects and on the exploration and production of oil and gas. TAQA operates oil and gas production platforms in the North Sea and natural gas storage and production facilities in the province of Noord-Holland for over 40 years.
TAQA is always in motion. We are a dynamic and ambitious company incessantly looking for new opportunities and ways to improve our business.
Together with EBN, an independent company with the Dutch state as its sole shareholder, TAQA has developed Gas Storage Bergermeer, Europe’s most advanced and largest third party access gas storage facility.
TAQA Gas Storage is the entity which is responsible for commercial operations of the gas storages of TAQA in the Netherlands. The Capacity Marketing Company (CMC) is the vehicle to capture the revenues and resulting profits from the Gas Storage Bergermeer (GSB).
CMC Operations is a small international team, responsible for the contractual commitments towards our storage customers and steering the physical storage Bergermeer to a commercial optimum. We are looking for a talented Commercial Analyst to join the CMC Operations team. Due to the nature of the job, no one day is the same There are daily tasks/checks which need to be performed, so there is some structure to a day. It is a fast paced operational environment and we work to strict deadlines to execute either the instructions of our customers or live updates on new physical constraints.
Working within this team is first and foremost enjoyable and educational. The low turnover within the team clearly shows that it is an excellent environment where people are well taken care of. We can name the following characteristics of the role that certainly contribute to this:
- Substantive complex and interesting work;
- Ample opportunities for personal growth, both in terms of job content and role within the team;
- Be part of a motivated and high-quality commercial team, within a growing, international and successful company;
- Employment conditions that are more than in line with the market in combination with a good work-life balance;
We are happy to discuss during a personal introduction how the benefits of working for this company fit in with your personal ambitions.
In this role, you’ll be trained to manage the daily operational process :
- Work in close cooperation with the technical operators at the asset
- Ensure storage customers receive the storage services sold
- Optimise the contracts within physical constraints of the asset
- Executing prompt trading to manage operational imbalances
- First point of contact for any ad-hoc operational questions and queries
- Out of hours participate in a on call/stand-by according to roster
We mean energy
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical or financial area
- Knowledge in at least one programming language, minimum requirement is expert user of MS Excel
- Analytical mind
- High level of attention to detail
- A proactive approach
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent team working & communication skills
- Ability to process vast quantities of information quickly and to meet strict deadlines
- Customer-service oriented, both externally and internally
- Be able to work within set of procedures but dares to speak up and raise ideas for improvement
- Planning and organizing skills
- Good networking and some negotiating skills to maintain relationships with a range of contacts inside and outside TAQA
- Fluent in English
- Be confident to flag process improvements and challenge things
We mean energy
- Responsible and first contact for GSB Technical Operators at asset
- First contact for all internal requests concerning the storage services
Responsible and primary contact for:
- Storage Customers
- Trading parties
- The Dutch Transmission Service Operator (GTS)
We have a powerful sense of purpose, a clear vision for the future and a shared set of values that we call The TAQA Way. When it comes to how we work together, no individual is greater than the team. We think that creativity and courage really set us apart. You’ll be given a lot of responsibility when you join the company, which you are expected to take. And you’ll get the space you need to do your job. Individual and team contributions really make a difference at TAQA.
Talented, flexible, team players – if you like what you hear, you’ll fit in well at TAQA. Our success as a company depends on the engagement and passion of our people. Although our organization is large and global, locally we work with short reporting lines in an open and informal culture. We strive for diversity when attracting talent to our organization and give your personal development our full attention. There are plenty of career options both in the Netherlands and internationally.
In all we do, safety is our first priority. The safety and care of our people, as well as our surroundings and the environment.
TAQA means energy in Arabic. It is what we do and who we are.
We mean energy
- Vacancy Trading, Risk & Quant
- Oil & Energy