Design Engineer Gasturbine parts
This is your opportunity to design high technology turbine components with complex shapes, meeting the highest possible standards in a challenging manufacturing and after service industry.
Your main tasks will be:
- Design and model turbine components based on three fundamental aspects: structure, function and operation
- Use a variety of available methods for this purpose, including 3D and CT scanning, flow testing and material analysis
- Working according to project management and manufacturing engineering processes
- Work with complex patents and high standard performance levels
- Construct the designed parts
- Draft the design documents for supplier and 3rd parties
Furthermore, you will be part of the product teams to transfer your output to manufacturing and communicate with vendors to align specifications.
What we have to offer
This key role suits you if you are looking for a challenging engineering role in an entrepreneurial context and a high technology manufacturing industry.
In return our client offers:
- A collegial work atmosphere and short communication lines
- The opportunity the take full responsibility for a broad challenging mechanical design objective
- A full spectrum of opportunities for personal and career development
- Excellent opportunities for further development and a competitive remuneration package
- A working environment and tasks that meets the highest possible requirement in its industry
Who we are looking for
A mechanical engineer with a challenge to deliver solutions for complex engineering issues, with basic knowledge of design and mechanical construction.
- You have an MSc or BSc engineering degree (preferably in Mechanical Engineering)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an industrial/engineering context with high-value engineering products
- Able to translate all kinds of test data and functional requirements into a comprehensive 3 D design
- Taken into consideration complex manufacturing processes (moulding and machining)
- You are familiar with commonly used international drawing standards, and you have experience in 3D design
- Experienced with Unigraphics modelling is a plus, as well as experience with modelling complex (double curved) shapes
So if you are the professional who likes to solve complex engineering puzzles, please do not hesitate and contact us.
At Career Result we try to do recruitment in a different way. All our partners pick a very specific specialist field to work in and Mechanical Engineering is one of our chosen fields. This means we actually know what you are talking about when you describe what you do best and enjoy most about your chosen profession, meaning we can strive for a fully accurate match between your ambitions and the search profiles of our client, in this case Sulzer Turbo Services Venlo (The Netherlands).
Sulzer Turbo Services is the ultimate knowledge centre in the after service market related to the field of Gas Turbo Service. They work on a number of engines of OEM brands, including the one you specialised in. Certainly worth mentioning is that they have developed a number of improvements that make the turbine achieve performance well above the factory spec. The team in Venlo presently consists of 160 colleagues of different nationalities. A truly international environment where you get to work with the very best people in your field.
If you want to hear more about this opportunity and what it could mean for you, please don't hesitate to reach out to Jozephina Vogel - Van Es +31683233104 and/or Berto van Rens +31622367241.
- Vacancy Engineering
- Oil, Energy & Utilities