Business Consultant -duplicate
Do you want to contribute to the dynamic energy market? Can you convert your knowledge of the energy market into technical solutions? And do you want to work with a talented and motivated team on smart and innovative solutions that help energy companies process data efficiently?
As a business consultant you design a state of the art web based enterprise application, Vertex, with us. You do this both externally, with the customer, and internally, with the team. You coordinate projects and monitor the software architecture together with our lead engineers. You operate at the intersection of business, IT and data management. Your area of work is the entire energy supply chain, from pricing to energy purchasing and from forecasting to the optimal use of flexibility in the supply process (for example, controlling electric batteries or wind turbines). You work together with roadmap and implementation teams, but you also consult with customers to ensure that everything integrates properly and the customer gets the most out of our collaboration.
What are you going to do?
Working at Energy Essentials should be fun and we do not have strict job profiles. The activities are primarily organized around the talents of our employees and the roles we play in various projects. In this way we bring out the best in people and we continue to learn from each other, previous experiences and new insights.
You will help us build and design the new energy transaction platform of the future Vertex. With Vertex, market parties can facilitate the transition within the energy market and set up complex processes. For example, Vertex offers solutions to support and automate processes such as strategic purchasing, delivery, pricing, back testing, messaging, balance maintenance and invoicing. This improves decisions through insight and algorithms (dashboards & trading). Vertex can organize data in such a way that it can be used for smart solutions (decision models) whether or not automated, such as controlling and optimizing sustainable means of production and/or consumption (including windmills, solar parks and batteries or algo trading) or setting up of dashboards for human decision making. Security, business rules, traceability and availability are essential here.
What's in it for me?
- You will receive good primary and secondary employment conditions, including a collective pension, travel expenses and bonus scheme.
- You are jointly responsible for designing one of the most advanced IT platforms in the energy sector.
- You work on challenging projects for clients.
- You are a full member of a talented and motivated team.
- You create smart solutions every day using the latest technology.
- You will receive sufficient training opportunities in addition to a full-time position (40 hours).
- You get a lot of space to work independently and to bring in your creativity in an open and informal culture.
- Beta HBO/WO level.
- Extensive knowledge of the energy market (functional, technical and mathematical in the field of data management, forecasting, long/short term trading, pricing or portfolio management).
- Hands On IT and data analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, able to listen sincerely.
- Able to fulfill a coordinating role between customer and supplier on a tactical and strategic level.
- Self-starter who can work well in a team.
- Critical of own performance, ability to learn.
- Experience with an agile/scrum environment.
- Experience with project management methodologies or tooling such as Azure DevOps or Jira.
- Preferably at least five years of work experience.
- Be willing to travel (1 to 2 days a week).
As an IT service provider, Energy Essentials focuses entirely on the energy market, which is in full swing. The share of sustainable energy is increasing and the way in which consumers and companies deal with energy is changing. New technologies such as the smart meter, solar panels, heat pumps and electric vehicles make energy processes more complex and explode the amount of available data. This is a major challenge for energy companies. Energy Essentials supports energy companies in optimally organizing, automating and managing the energy supply process. Our team consists of a mix of experts in the field of energy, software, IT infrastructure and data science. We have developed our own software platform, Vertex, which supports energy companies in the execution of complex processes in the field of pricing, trading, planning and delivery. The Energy Essentials team analyzes energy supply processes and knows how to implement the right software solutions for every challenge.
- Vacancy ICT
- Energy Digitalization