Verification and Validation Engineer
Functie - Verification and Validation Engineer
Do you have experience in embedded software engineering in an industrial environment? Do you have a passion for low level verification and validation? Digital Logic, simulators and FPGA's make your developer heart tick faster? If all of this is a yes, then read on and see why we would like to share this challenging opportunity with you.
Security challenges and threats make headlines in our connected world. With the emergence of IoT everything connected - cars, lighting systems, smartwatches, white goods, home security devices, medical equipment, airplanes, industrial automation systems… - are vulnerable to cyber security attacks. As an FPGA provider our client is serious about security, making smart decisions that lead to an optimal balance between security, cost and performance.
Our client, developing the industry leading network security hardware IP products, is looking for a Verification and Validation engineer with knowledge in digital logic, embedded software, embedded CPUs, Linux and related development tools. Your main mission is to define and realize the verification and validation for both hardware IP development as well as for driver/application development using C, Python and assembly.
Your main responsibilities are (but are not limited to):
- Define and realize the test plans for state of the art network security engines.
- Extended the available verification tools and models (C, Python, Perl) to support new products.
- Maintain the available verification tools to support incremental features of the existing products.
- Specify and develop the test cases in cooperation with hardware and software designers.
- Maintain the regression set, track its state over the complete project.
- Develop and verify the embedded microcode for packet processing engines.
- Contribute to embedded software development and porting.
- Assist product architects and project managers in scoping and planning the verification and validation work.
- Work with support/QA team in understanding and resolving customer questions.
- Build competence in understanding the products and how they are verified.
- Realize knowledge sharing through documentation, presentations and internal trainings.
Offer - Verification and Validation Engineer
A challenging, independent job for an enterprising employee who wants to contribute to serving our clients together with enthusiastic colleagues in an innovative working atmosphere. Attractive primary and secondary employment conditions. Possibilities for education and personal development in an international work setting.
The benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Competitive salary level, with a personal benefits package.
- Working in a small team of international nature.
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching.
- Solid company pension scheme and collective health insurance package.
- Healthy work-life balance
Candidate - Verification and Validation Engineer
In the execution of your tasks and responsibilities the following competencies and skills are key to the client:
- An advanced technical degree incl. software skills (Bachelor, Masters degree, HTS/HBO).
- A few years of experience in a technical industry in engineering positions (embedded software) at R&D centers or system laboratories.
- Experience with C, C++, Python, Bash, Perl, assembly and Linux software development tool chains.
- Documentation skills (both text and drawings using Microsoft tools).
- The ability to quickly read into new information and specifications.
- Good English, verbal as well as writing skills.
- Affinity with digital logic, simulators, FPGAs, boards etc.
- Proactive in knowledge building and sharing.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues that work in other domains (hardware, management, business, sales).
Company - Verification and Validation Engineer
Our client is at the heart of security solutions for mobile and connected devices, providing software, silicon IP, tools and know-how needed to protect customers’ transactions, content, applications, and communications.
With its deep security expertise and experience, the company delivers products having advanced and differentiated technical capabilities that span the entire range of security requirement levels to serve the demanding markets of network security, IoT security, content & application protection, mobile payment & banking.
Client’s technologies protect solutions for a broad range of customers including service providers, content distributors, security system integrators, device vendors and semiconductor manufacturers.
- Vacancy ICT
- ICT Data Storage, Virtualizaton & Infrastructure