Senior Python Developer - Ingevuld
How would you like to help a major construction company make a big bang switch to open source? Would you enjoy helping that same company digitise their business model by building new IoT applications that add value to their services?
Many companies in the field of construction are struggling to keep up the pressures of increasing digitasation of their business. How do you handle things like virtual building and the Internet of Things? In many cases these transitions are held back by an application landscape that consists of outdated closed source software packages. Our client has taken a radical approach to solving this issue: close the on-premise datacenter, phase out every single closed source application and make a completely fresh start in a new 100% open source cloud based architecture.
Sounds exciting right? Now all we need is the right technical talent to complete the transition and then move forward with building the solutions to drive the new business model, which is where you come in!
Having never crafted software in house, our client is building the development team from scratch. Right now the neccessary work is being done by interim developers but our client is eager to replace those with their own team as soon as possible, starting with a true Senior Developer who will lay the groundworks for the team and help make decisions on the long term technical strategy and architecture.
What we have to offer
The transition our client is going through is quite unique so being part of this process seems like a good motivator in itself. There are however some more reasons why this position is worth your serious consideration:
- Due to the complete redesign of the application landscape you will work exclusively on new builds: no refactoring, no legacy code, no old systems.
- Real open source, where all code you develop (yes, EVERYTHING) gets fed back into the community;
- Technical autonomy, giving you a high level of influence on decisions involving technology choices and architecture;
- A good salary and excellent secondary benefits, such as 37 vacation days (24 regular + 13 ADV);
In short: a great package of challenge, fun and reward.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate is a real open source enthusiast who feels comfortable with the diversity of tasks that comes with working in a compact team. Being part of the development team in a non-IT company also means you need to be able to make your own decisions about the details of the technical execution of your goals. In terms of background we are looking for:
- Solid experience in Python development. While practical experience with Odoo would be lovely, we will gladly consider you if you have experience in a comparable framework;
- DevOps level knowledge of Linux, preferrably combined with knowledge of Azure or a comparable public cloud infrastructure platform;
- Currently residing in the Netherlands, preferrably having worked in a Dutch company recently;
- Near native fluency in spoken and written English.
If you recognise yourself in the above we look forward to getting in touch with you to discuss the position in detail.
Career Result is a recruitment agency. We have been contracted by our client to recruit for this position because of our specialisation in open source recruitment vacancies. This speciality means we are able to have a real discussion with you about the specifics of this role and whether it might be a good match for your ambitions.
Our client is a leading construction company with a strong focus on building infrastructure solutions for the (renewable) energy and utilities fields. They are part of one of the largest Dutch construction conglomerates and both they and their mother company are stable, profitable and growing.
If you want to know more about this exciting position, please don't hesitate to contact Richard ten Brink at 06 11 88 43 61.
- Vacancy ICT
- ICT Data Storage, Virtualizaton & Infrastructure