Senior PHP Backend Developer
Do you value personal and technological freedom in your work? Does your personality fit well with working in a small informal team? Do you combine these qualities with a solid background in writing code in PHP? Then you might just be the person we are looking for.
Leadingcourses.com wants to grow, and grow fast. This means we are looking for four (yes, 4) new colleagues to join our development team. There is of course a good reason why we want to grow this quickly. Over the past 10 years we have become the prime source of information for golfers in Europe and now we have some exciting ideas about improved and even completely new services we can offer the users of our site. To make sure these ideas become reality we need to triple our development capacity, which is where you come in.
We can split the work you will be doing into two main phases. First of all we need to rapidly expand the online booking possibilities we offer our users. This will have absolute priority over everything else because this is how we generate revenue. Once that is done we can start looking at a lot of new features and improvements that we simply have not had time for so far, such as:
- Expanding the number of review fields for the courses so that our users can leave ever more specific feedback;
- Rewriting the existing functionalities in a modern standardised framework that will be selected together with your team;
- Introduction of DevOps tooling and (automated) testing to accelerate our process, safeguard the quality of our work and eliminate repetitive tasks;
With this next generation platform we will then expand our services and explore new markets, but for now we think this should be enough to keep you occupied for a while, right?
What we have to offer
The ambitions that we at Leadingcourses.com have defined for ourselves mean that the coming years will be full of changes and exciting developments. This of course has quite an impact on what being part of our team would mean for you. To quickly summarise, we offer you the chance to:
- Have real influence in determining the future direction of your team and your platform, in terms of technologies, tools and processes;
- Be part of a fun international team within a successful company that will grow rapidly in the near future;
- Enjoy a high level of flexibility in how, when and where you work, as long as you get the job done;
- Make a little bit more money than you make now;
Obviously these are pretty generic benefits, but we will happily come up with some very specific ones together with you once we get talking.
Our ideal candidate is a pragmatic software professional with a can-do attitude. You are used to working in relatively small teams and enjoy the diversity in daily tasks that this brings. Given the seniority level of the role we do of course expect a certain background, which looks similar to:
- You have solid experience with (most of) our chosen technology stack (PHP7, MySQL, NodeJS, Debian, Solr, Nginx, Apache);
- It would be nice if you already share our love of golf, but we are willing to gradually convert you;
- You are currently residing in the Netherlands and have gotten to know the Dutch way of working and communicating.
You might be wondering if that is all, because the list of requirements seems a bit short. That is because we don't care about your age, nationality, gender or whether you have a diploma. We just want new colleagues who know what they are doing and are fun to work with.
Leadingcourses.com is the leading review site for golf courses in Europe. Over the past 10 years we have built up a loyal following of enthusiastic golfers who use our site to search courses and leave reviews after playing them. Our mission is to make sure every golfer has a great time by playing on a course that fits perfectly with their level and personal preferences.
Our international team works out of our office location near the city centre in Utrecht and currently consists of 8 colleagues, 2 of whom are responsible for the development and maintenance of our site. We expect to double our team in the coming year and bring our development team up to a capacity of 6 fulltime colleagues.
We pride ourselves on having a very open and non-hierarchical culture. It's very important to us to have room to celebrate successes and we regularly go out with the entire team for a round of golf and some introspection.
You are always welcome to meet the team so you can get a good sense of who we are and how we do things. If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to call or e-mail Richard ten Brink, our Tech Recruiter via 06-11884361 or email@example.com.
- Vacancy ICT
- Software Development