The main purpose of this role is achieving the project objectives agreed by the client and Sulzer. Seems to be simple, but is in the execution challenging because of the complexity of the technology, logistic, finance, capacity planning. We are looking for a committed straight forward and result driven professional who can take the lead.
There ar many tasks attached to this role. To give you an impression.
- Achieving agreed on project aims
- Draft and monitoring project budgets, proposed budget amendments, design and implement gross margin improvement or recovery actions
- Generally supervising the project team
- Maintaining client contact for matters related to projects
- Monitoring the project delivery date and time
- Properly implementation of projects
- Maintaining a structured communication within the project team and with internal clients
- Ensuring quality control within the project.
In this role, you will be assigning administrative and technical projects to project team, as well as monitoring costs. The person you are reporting to is the Manager Operations.
What we have to offer
There is a lot of variation in this job, not only in the work you do, but also in the people you work with like clients and colleagues. Besides this it also offers you:
- Challenging responsibilities
- Work in accordance with existing procedures and using own judgment
The salary is equal to market standard and related to your experience. To make this offer even more interesting there is an added value.
Who we are looking for
The project manager we are looking for has:
- Higher vocational education, mechanical engineering or equivalent training
- A very good ability to improvise
- Can read engineering & technical drawings
- A neat appearance
- Fluent spoken and written Dutch and English
- German and/or French is an advantage
- Good knowledge of rotating equipment
- Holds a VCA safety certificate for operational managers
Besides this, you are precise/punctual and above all, you have leadership skills. To be successful in this job you have at least 10 years experience in rotating equipment and at least 5 years' experience in a management role. Do you recognize yourself in this job? Then we would like to hear from you.
At Career Result we try to do recruitment in a different way. All our partners pick a very specific specialist field to work in. This means we actually know what you are talking about when you describe what you do best and enjoy most about your chosen profession, meaning we can strive for a fully accurate match between your ambitions and the search profiles of our client, in this case Rotterdam Service Center the Netherlands.
Sulzer is an engineering service company of capital goods in the energy industry, worldwide operating and represented in different continents. Strong in mechanical designing and process innovations based on high-end technology, with long-term partnerships with clients and a very strong engineering knowledge proposition to be able to enter into new markets with customized products and service propositions.
The culture is customer focused and opportunity driven, with a strong technology drive and "can do" attitude. The companies structure enables handling projects with different size and impact in the most efficient and effective manner. Capacity and high standard engineering expertise is structured in a flexible way and will be assigned to the actual business needs. This creates an open organization with many interlinks and multiple opportunities to learn and contribute to the success.
If you want to hear more about this opportunity and what it could mean for you, please don't hesitate to reach out to Jozephina Vogel - Van Es +31683233104 and/or Berto van Rens +31622367241.
- Vacancy Engineering
- Oil, Energy & Utilities