Field Service Engineer Gasturbines
The position of the Field Service Engineer is a challenging job, the major tasks include preparing, coordinating inspections and provide mechanical on-site technical direction and supervision. Other tasks are:
- For the agreed assignments maintenance, repair, overhaul, start-up and commissioning of power generation assets at the customers location;
- Manage contracting staff and support the customer with regard to technical questions according to agreed contractual scope;
- You are responsible to ensure accurate installation, trouble shooting, maintenance & diagnostics of gas turbines and all rotating equipment in compliance to Sulzer Specifications, engineering instructions, drawings & QESH guidelines;
- You obviously feel very strongly about quality, speed, reliability of delivery and safety of the project and your activities.
What we have to offer
The main asset of the position Sulzer has to offer comes from their innovative power. Their ability to upgrade gas turbines beyond the factory specs means you have the opportunity to improve the performance of gas turbine of their clients with newly designed parts by Sulzer.
We will try to provide a quick summary of the main characteristics of the vacancy:
- A challenging position where you work alongside the best people in your field, so even you can still pick up new knowledge and further your personal growth;
- Sulzer's technology focused corporate culture, combined with their informal work atmosphere make it an ideal environment to work in;
- The compensation package is above market standards and includes great benefits such as 40 days of vacation time, flexible working hours, a good pension plan and health benefits;
- Functioning as a medium sized semi-independent unit within a large international group, Sulzer can offer you all the stability and growth opportunities that come with scale, without the drawbacks of a large corporate structure.
In total we believe they can offer you a great mix of technical challenges, opportunities, fun and compensation. We will gladly outline the benefits in detail to you when we get a chance to speak in person.
Who we are looking for
We can use this space to sum up a large list of obvious requirements, but if you are a qualified match you know what the job basically requires. While we have your attention we would like to focus on what we are looking for:
- You have to like to travel. Sulzer's clients are located around the globe and of course nearly all maintenance takes place on site.
- Speaking and writing English has to be part of your toolkit. Not just our clients but also our team is truly global and we find that effective communication is key to accomplish projects and assignments successfully.
- You possess an independent mindset and enjoy taking charge of a problem or project without constant supervision. After all, you don't need a manager to tell you how to do your job, right?
We would like to speak to you to find out if you are the individual that would fit well within the team. If the match is as good as it looks on paper we will happily support your candidacy.
At Career Result we try to do recruitment in a different way. All our partners pick a very specific specialist field to work in and Mechanical Engineering is one of our chosen fields. This means we actually know what you are talking about when you describe what you do best and enjoy most about your chosen profession, meaning we can strive for a fully accurate match between your ambitions and the search profiles of our client, in this case Sulzer Turbo Services in Venlo (the Netherlands).
Sulzer Turbo Services is the ultimate knowledge center in the after service market related to the field of Gas Turbine Engineering. They work on a number of engine from all OEM brands, including the one you specialized in. Certainly worth mentioning is that they have developed a number of improvements that make the turbine achieve performance well above the factory spec. The team in Venlo presently consists of 160 colleagues of different nationalities. A truly international environment where you get to work with the very best people in your field.
If you want to hear more about this opportunity and what it could mean for you, please don't hesitate to reach out to Jozephina Vogel - Van Es +31683233104 and/or Berto van Rens +31622367241.
- Vacancy Engineering
- Oil, Energy & Utilities